Solid Edge Advanced Assembly
Two day class – $1100
This course is offered online or at the Ally PLM campus in Loveland, OH.
This course focuses on creating assemblies from Solid Models. It covers all of the commands available in the Assembly environment, and it teaches both top-down and bottom-up assembly design. Application of all the relationships used to construct assembly models, assembling and editing parts that already exist, creating different views, and other useful techniques in constructing models are discussed.
At Course Completion
Students will have learned how to apply all of the relationships used to construct assembly models. They will have learned how to assemble and edit parts that already exist, and how to create new parts within an assembly; how to create exploded views, cutaway views, simplified views, and custom views; how to manage very large assemblies; how to verify assembly integrity; how to model motion with Simply Motion; how to create families of assemblies; how to model tubing with XpressRoute; and how to work with weldments.
- Mechanical Design Experience
- Windows Experience
- Completion of the Solid Edge Tutorials delivered with the product
- Completion of the Solid Edge Fundamentals course (or 3 months Solid Edge modeling experience)
Solid Edge Assembly Student Guide and a data set on USB Drive will be provided.
- Lesson 1: Assembly Methods and Relationships
- Lesson 2: Additional Relationships
- Lesson 3: Editing Assemblies
- Lesson 4: Display Tools
- Lesson 5: Exploded and Section Views
- Lesson 6: Revising Assemblies
- Lesson 7: Designing in the Assembly
- Lesson 8: Assembly Inspection
- Lesson 9: Alternate Assemblies
- Lesson 10 (Optional): XpresRoute