Do you have an engineering background that can be leveraged in an outside sales role to serve engineering and manufacturing companies (or significant account sales experience serving this space)? Are you technically savvy and organized with a strong work ethic and desire to close? Do you also operate effectively under minimal supervision, learn quickly, and have excellent analytical and verbal skills?
If so, let’s talk!
Ally PLM Solutions, Inc. (www.allyplm.com), a Siemens PLM Software Solution Partner, is seeking sales people with a technical background in engineering (CAD/CAM/PLM) to serve our engineering and manufacturing customers predominantly within 200 miles of Cincinnati, OH.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking solution consultants to rep Siemens PLM software (including Solid Edge, NX, and Teamcenter), training, and engineering services to our existing customer base as well as prospect companies. You are personable and enjoy engaging with customers over the phone and especially in person at customer sites. You are determined and get a rush from closing deals, yet have a customer service minded philosophy and find it gratifying to deliver solutions that unlock business value. You have a strong desire to achieve a high degree of professional mastery and want to earn the respect of our customers to become a trusted adviser to their businesses.
Comfortable working autonomously, you nevertheless want to see the team succeed and get satisfaction from knowing you played a critical role.
What you will do:
- Have a history of sales success serving engineering and manufacturing companies
- Are highly self-motivated and comfortable with accountability to metrics, including a quota
- Learn technical material quickly and adopt technology process tools easily
- Have outstanding English verbal and written communication skills
Employment begins with in-depth Product and Industry Sales training and the primary job responsibility is providing software solutions to our customer/prospect base via outside customer visits, phone and email.
- Broaden your knowledge of CAD/CAM/PLM industry solutions.
- Develop a foundational knowledge of the standards and regulatory requirements which affect the design and manufacture of products
- Sell software solutions aligned with customer design/manufacturing challenges
Additional Responsibilities Include:
Candidate requirements for this position:
- Preparing/executing a territory plan to meet sales quota
- Identifying prospective customers in the assigned territory/industry
- Managing the prospecting, development, reporting and execution of accounts
- Developing relationships from a cold call or networking activity
- Listening, extrapolating information, and leveraging resources to effectively position solutions to address critical client business issues
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients throughout the sales cycle
- Participating in continuous education for the constantly changing software and inter-related technology
- Be prepared to spend 20% of time traveling
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Work experience in the engineering/manufacturing space
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Work experience as an engineer or manufacturer
- User-level experience with Solid Edge, Solid Works, Inventor, or NX
Local candidates only. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
The compensation plan for this role will vary based on the qualifications of the candidate, but being frank, this is an excellent opportunity for the right applicant as we have a large and underserved client base (from a sales perspective). If you’re interested in learning more, please apply with a cover letter and resume (email@example.com). Our business is successful as it is. So a compelling letter will let us know how your qualifications map to driving increased company prosperity and convince us that we are not so much hiring a sales person as we are buying a business outcome (i.e.—increased sales).
We are looking for candidates who are rare in the marketplace and will likely only respond to a select few (don’t get discouraged—there are lots of great places to work out there). Have a great day!