NX – Customize Columns and Export Information from NX to an Excel Spreadsheet
NX Tip of the Week – June 19, 2015
There is a very useful option in NX that allows the user to export information from NX into an Excel spreadsheet. This can be used in NX CAM to export a list of tools, operations, and other information. This could be used in NX CAD to export a list of components in an assembly, model history, etc. The steps below will illustrate how to export machining information and also how to modify columns in the Operation Navigator in NX CAM. Customizing columns will allow you to export only the information needed for the spreadsheet.
1) In the Manufacturing Environment, I am in the Program Order View. Notice the list of operations and the information listed in each column:
2) Right click below the operations in the Operation Navigator and then select “Export to
3) Notice all of the information from the Operation Navigator is now listed in an Excel spreadsheet:
4) Customize the columns by right clicking below the operations in the Operation Navigator and select “Columns” and check and uncheck the columns you want to display:
5) Notice I have turned on the “Time” column and now the time of each operation is shown in
Ally PLM Solutions, Inc.